Vegan pizza with portobello
Mushroom fans beware!!! In one of my favorite cookbooks, I came across this pizza with portobello and WOW how much is this worth trying! I really loved the combination of different mushrooms with the other vegetables and ingredients. I hope you get as excited about this pizza as I got and please let me know!
What you need?
Ingredients for 2 pizzas:
- 6 small portobello mushrooms or 16 large chestnut mushrooms
- 4 red onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- 1 bag of dried yeast
- 250 gr flour (for bread)
- 10 gr dried porcini
- 1/2 jar semi-sun-dried tomatoes in oil (150 gr)
- 150 gr passata
- 2 large bunches of basil
- 30 gr roasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- grater of 1/2 lemon
- 30 ml lemon juice (fresh)
- 50 ml olive oil
How to make this pizza.
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and lay them face down on the baking sheet. Peel the onions and cut into quarters, also place on the baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake the vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes, turn the mushrooms over and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the yeast in a large bowl with 150 ml of lukewarm water, leave for 10 minutes until frothy. Add the flour and 1 teaspoon salt and knead into a nice, supple dough. Cover and let the mixture rise for 1 hour until the dough has approximately doubled in size.
- Soak the dried porcini in 60 ml of hot water for 10 minutes. drain the sun-dried tomatoes and reserve the oil. Also drain the dried porcini.
- Puree the soaked mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and passata into a coarse sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the stems from the basil leaves. Put the leaves together with the pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and turn until coarse. Add some olive oil while spinning and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the oven as high as possible. Heat the baking sheet on which the pizza will be made.
- Divide the dough into two pieces and make balls.
- Roll out the dough on floured baking paper into two ovals. Gently press the center of the dough outward to create a thin inside and a slightly thicker edge. Brush the bottom with the tomato mixture, and top with the mushrooms and onion. Spread half of the basil sauce on top and drizzle the pizzas with some of the saved oil.
- Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes until nicely browned and cooked. spread the rest of the basil sauce over and the pizza is ready to eat.
Enjoy this delicious pizza!
source: Brewer. D. (2019), ‘DOSIA BAKT VEGAN’