Vegan mushroom risotto
I recently came across a vegan risotto recipe that I wanted to try right away! The recipe is simple and really delicious, so I did not want to wait any longer to share this delicious recipe with you!
What do you need?
Ingredients for 3-4 people:
- 5 g dried ceps
- 1.5 l warm broth (vegetables)
- olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 300 g risotto rice
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2-4 tbsp noble yeast flakes
How to make the risotto?
- First, soak the dried porcini mushrooms for an hour. Do this by pouring boiling water over them and then letting them stand for an hour. When they are completely soft, drain them, and chop them into small pieces.
- Make 1.5 liters of broth and keep it warm on low heat.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet and fry the mushrooms and portobellos over high heat until browned and cooked. Remove them from the skillet, lower the heat, wipe the pan clean if necessary, and add a little oil back into the pan.
- Sauté the shallot until it is completely soft, then add the rice and fry for a few minutes. Make sure all the grains are coated with oil.
- Now pour 1-2 tablespoons of hot broth into the pan. Stir regularly until the liquid has evaporated. Pour another 1-2 spoons into the pan and repeat this until the rice is soft and cooked. Do not be alarmed this can take a while (20-30 minutes).
- Toss the soaked porcini mushrooms and sautéed mushrooms with the rice and stir well. Stir in the noble yeast flakes into the risotto as well. Do not let the liquid evaporate completely as that would be a waste.
Enjoy this delicious meal!
This great recipe comes from the book ‘GEWOON VEGAN’ written by Alexandra Penrhyn Lowe
Source: Penrhyn Lowe, A. (2020). GEWOON VEGAN.