This is how you make shakshuka with eggs and avocado
Shakshuka is often eaten in the Middle East and is a dish based on tomatoes with eggs. Nowadays it is becoming more and more popular in the Netherlands as well. Time to make this delicious recipe with eggs and avocado!
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans (800 g) diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 g coriander, coarsely chopped
- 5 g flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin seed
- half a tsp cayenne pepper
- sunflower oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat sunflower oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and fry the onion for 5-6 minutes until it begins to turn glassy.
- Add the garlic, paprika, paprika powder, ground cumin seeds and cayenne pepper and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Make four dimples in the sauce and carefully break an egg over each dimple.
- Put the lid on the pan and let the shakshuka simmer for 7-9 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Divide the avocado slices among the pan and garnish the shakshuka with cilantro and parsley.
- Serve immediately with bread.