Protein Packed Chocolate Banana Bread
When cravings hit in in the middle if the day, reach for a piece of this chocolate banana bread. It’s the perfect healthy snack and it gets bonus points for being super easy to make. It’s one of those ‘just throw it all in a bowl’ recipes.
Ingredients for 1 bread:
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the better)
- 2 eggs
- 4-6 Medjool dates (depending on how sweet you like your banana bread)
- 2 scoops FITSHE Pure Whey Protein – Dark Chocolate or FITSHE Organic Vegan Protein – Dark Chocolate (about 30g)
- 70g oat flour (can use whole wheat, spelt or brown rice flour instead)
- 30g almond flour
- 100 ml almond milk
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 250 g low-fat quark
- 1 egg
Toppings (optional but delicious!):Walnuts, coconut flakes and/or cacao nibs
Let’s make it!
1. Preheat the oven to 165 °C (this is an indication for a fan oven).
2. In a big bowl mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Remove the pits of the Medjool dates, cut into small pieces and add to the mashed bananas.
4. Add the eggs, almond milk, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, Dark Chocolate Protein Powder and cinnamon to the banana-date mixture.
5. Mix everything together with a mixer until well-combined (or throw it in the blender).
6. Pour the mixture into a cake form. It’s best to use one with a non-stick surface. Top with walnuts, coconut flakes and/or cacao nibs if using any (strongly recommended).
7. Cover with baking paper and bake for 45-50 minutes depending on how strong your oven is. Let in cool slightly in the form. Transfer to a rack and allow it to cool completely before digging in!
Storage suggestion: This bread is moist so it’ll keep for just 2-3 days at room temperature. You can cover it with foil and store in the fridge for a week or slice it and freeze it for up to three months.
Enjoy a piece (or two) every day!
- Free from gluten (if you’re using gluten free oat flour or rice flour)
- Free from peanuts
Fancy a different protein filled and healthy snack? Try our Apple Pie Protein Bars or Banana Quark Bread