Muhammara! Definitely one of my favorite spreads. I was a regular buyer at the grocery store until I came across this delicious recipe! I got so excited about this that I’m happy to share it with you too.
What you need?
Ingredients for about 300ml of spread:
- 6 large red peppers
- 125g unroasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 65ml lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 65 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 chili flakes (to taste)
How to make this delicious spread:
- Heat the oven to the highest setting.
- Place the peppers whole on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes until lightly charred on both sides (flip after 15 minutes).
- Put the peppers in a large bowl and immediately cover with a tea towel, so the they can steam for another 10 minutes.
- When the peppers have cooled, remove the skins and seeds and roughly chop them.
- Put all ingredients together in the blender and blend until combined.
You can keep this spread refrigerated for 4 days.
Source: Bulsiewicz, W. (2021), ‘VOL ENERGIE MET VEZELS’.