Lentilcurry with pumpkin and spinach
You definitely have to try this lentilcurry with pumpkin and spinach!
What do you need?
Ingredients (4 people)
– 200 grams of lentils
– one butternut squash in pieces
– 200 grams spinach
– one onion
– one piece of ginger of about 3 cm
– four tablespoons tomato puree
– 70 grams red curry paste
– 400 ml coconut milk
– About 300 ml water
– one lime
– 150 ml yogurt
– 1/4 cucumber
– Handful of fresh mint
– Olive oil
– To garnish: pomegranate seeds and curly parsley
– Serve with: naan bread
How to make it?
- Heat some olive oil in a pan. Peel and slice your ginger and chop your onion. Fry briefly in the pan. Then add the pumpkin and fry.
- Add the curry paste and tomato paste to the pan. Also add the juice of half a lime. Stir well.
- Add the lentils and coconut milk. Simmer gently on low heat for about 25-30 minutes, until the lentils and squash are tender. Keep an eye on them and slowly add the water.
- Meanwhile, peel your cucumber and cut in half. Remove the seeds and cut into very small cubes. Add this to the yogurt, along with a handful of finely chopped mint and the juice of half a lime.
- When the curry is almost ready: add the spinach to the pan little by little and stir well until it has shrunk.
- Divide the curry between the plates. Top with the yogurt with cucumber, some pomegranate seeds and parsley.
Enjoy this delicious meal!