Home made Granola
Granola, so simple but it makes your healthy breakfast so much tastier. After trying many recipes and putting everything together I came up with a recipe that I love. I would like to share this recipe with you and hope that you think the same.
What do you need?
- 1 cup walnuts (not roasted, unsalted)
- 1 cup mixed nuts (not roasted, unsalted)
- oatmeal (to taste)
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 150 ml maple syrup
- dried cranberries (to taste)
- 1 handful coconut shreds
Other supplies: hand blender, baking paper, baking sheet
How to make this granola:
- Crush the walnuts and mixed nuts with the hand blender (not completely pulverized).
- Add the nut mixture together with the oatmeal in a mixing bowl, it says to taste so you can decide how big you want to make your portion.
- In a saucepan, heat the teaspoons of coconut oil along with 75 ml of maple syrup. When it is warm remove from the gas and add a few drops of water, stir well.
- Add this mixture to the nut mixture and spoon well so that everything is well distributed.
- Spread hot mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and put it in the oven. The oven may be at 180 degrees and now it goes a little by feel. I stir the mixture every ten minutes and wait until the whole mixture has browned a little.
- When the mixture has browned remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour the remaining maple syrup over the nut mixture. Add the dried cranberries and coconut chips and stir well.
- Continue to stir the mixture every 10 minutes until it is completely cooled. Store this airtight so it can last longer.
This granola is great to combine with things like: overnight oats, yogurt or cottage cheese, or to pimp up a smoothie bowl a bit. I hope you are as excited as I am, and enjoy!