For the holidays I always like to make something sweet (and not very healthy). In my opinion a fit lifestyle starts with feeling good in your own skin, and maybe that’s personal but following a strict diet during the holidays is not for me. That’s why I went looking for a great treat for you! Cinnamon rolls, who doesn’t know them? Delicious for Christmas breakfast but also just as a snack. I have found a delicious vegan recipe that I would like to share with you.
What do you need?
Ingredients for 9 rolls:
For the dough
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 240 ml lukewarm vegetable milk
- 20 g sugar
- 40 g vegan butter (melted)
- 400 g flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 60 g brown caster sugar
- 50 g vegan butter
- 50 g powdered sugar
- a few drops of vegetable milk
Other supplies: baking pan 20 x 20 lined with baking paper.
How to make these cinnamon rolls:
1. For the dough, mix the yeast with the milk and sugar in a large bowl, let it stand for about ten minutes until it starts to foam. Then mix in the rest of the ingredients for the dough and knead into a smooth ball that is not too sticky. Let the dough rise, covered and in a warm place, for about 1 hour until the dough has roughly doubled in size.
2. Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen worktop and roll out the dough into a rectangular piece of about 30 x 40 cm
3. For the filling, mix the cinnamon with the caster sugar.
4. Brush the piece of dough with 40 grams of the butter and sprinkle it with the cinnamon sugar (keep some back for the outer edge).
5. Roll up the piece from the short side and secure the end. With a sharp knife, cut 9 slices from it.
6. Place the slices cut side up and brush with butter. Let rise for another 30 minutes. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the buns 30 minutes until done.
7. Mix the powdered sugar with just enough milk to form a liquid paste and brush the buns with it.
Enjoy this delicious recipe just like I am going to do :).
I got this delicious recipe from the cookbook ‘DOSIA BAKT VEGAN’ and it’s definitely worth a try!
Source: Brewer. D. (2019), ‘DOSIA BAKT VEGAN’