Bruschetta… My of all time favorite snack! So easy to make but always a good idea. It is also a very healthy snack, reason enough to share this recipe with you!
What do you need?
- 4 large tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 100 grams of butter (can also be vegan butter)
- 1 baguette
How to make the bruschetta?
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil
- Place the tomatoes upside down and cut into them (a cross at the bottom of the tomato).
- Once the water is boiling, cook the tomatoes for a minute. After the minute, place them in a bowl of (ice) cold water. This ensures that the skin of the tomato is easy to loosen. When the tomatoes have cooled down you can take them out of the water and remove the skin. Then cut the tomatoes into 4 pieces and remove the flesh. Then cut the tomatoes into small cubes and place the pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, put the baguette in the oven until it is ready.
- Cut or press two cloves of garlic into small pieces. Chop the basil finely and add it to the tomatoes.
- Add some olive oil to this mixture and season with salt and pepper, cover and leave in the fridge for a while
- Now heat the butter together with the other clove of garlic (pressed), once this has melted, cut the baguette into slices and brush the mixture onto the bread.
Then add the tomatoes and enjoy this fantastic snack.